Service Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing International Direct Response Services (IDRS) as your service provider. Submission of an order to IDRS indicates acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
QUOTATIONS, PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. IDRS may extend the period for validity of a quotation at IDRS’s discretion.
- All quotations are based on approximate volumes and estimated costs current at the time the quotation is produced.
- Rates shown in the quotation are based on a uniform run of the quality and quantity requested by the client. Any variation in the quality or quantity of items provided will give rise to a variation in the rates.
- All prices quoted are subject to amendment throughout the entire timescale of the job.
- IDRS reserves the right to increase the price as a result of any of the following variations occurring before delivery of goods, or completion of provision of services: any variation to the quotation or specification at the request or with the agreement of the client, any alteration in costs of raw materials or overheads affecting the goods or service.
- Subsequent orders will be subject to price revisions if required.
- Courier charges are additional.
- Storage charges are additional and may start 7 days from mail date, unless waived by IDRS.
- Taxes will be billed as applicable in addition to services billed.
- Payment of postage is required 5 days in advance of the mailing. If you have your own account with CanadaPost, postage money can be deposited directly into your account at Canada Post.
- Prepayment is required prior to proceeding with your project if this is your first project or if you have not setup an account with us.
ORDER, SUPPLY AND DELIVERY
- All materials received must be accompanied by a packing slip. IDRS accepts printers’ counts and assumes no responsibility for any shortages. Precise verification of counts on arrival is available for an additional fee.
- Allowances for spoilage must be taken into consideration when ordering material (minimum 3% or 50 items.)
- Every effort will be made to prevent undue spoilage. Nevertheless, IDRS cannot accept responsibility for shortage of materials as a result of normal spoilage in machine processing. Material shortages will result in delays in mailing and/or additional set-up charges.
- Material received later than the scheduled arrival time may disrupt schedules in the plant and with CanadaPost and may result in mailing delays beyond our control. Overtime charges will apply if work must be done outside our normal hours to meet a mandatory mail date.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that the materials supplied by it or on its behalf: Conform to specifications in the quotation and couriers’ requirements, are supplied punctually, are packed and supplied in such a way as to withstand normal storage and handling.
- Every effort will be made to insert material in the sequence and face the direction the customer requests, but quoted prices assume the most advantageous production speeds, and specified sequence or facing may result in additional charges being billed.
- Materials printed or inserted by machine must meet machine specifications. IDRS is not liable if a material will not feed through a machine. New materials and pre-folded materials should be tested in advance of ordering from your supplier.
- Any changes in specifications or instructions that result in additional costs will be billed at current rates.
- Ownership of all client inventory and prepaid stock remains with the client. Materials in IDRS’s possession (also referred to as stored inventory) are at the client’s risk and the client shall be responsible for their own insurance.
- Client‘s mailing list(s) is the exclusive property of the client. IDRS is not responsible for accuracy or validity of the mailing list nor is IDRS responsible for the accuracy & validity of lists that are rented from list brokers, listowners or other sources.
- Rented lists provided by IDRS are based on a one time use basis unless formerly specified otherwise in writing.
- IDRS is not responsible for identifying errors in preprinted copy on your materials and assumes no liability for damages resulting from the printing or mailing of materials that contain erroneous information.
- When offset or laser proofs are sent to the client for final approval, client accepts full responsibility for the content of the piece once final approval has been issued.
- If IDRS has used its best endeavours and fails to dispatch or deliver the goods or to complete the work by such date or dates, such failure shall not constitute a breach of the contract and the client shall not be entitled to cancel or reject the contract or to claim compensation for such failure.
- Should an error occur, IDRS shall be liable only to the extent of re-mailing a correction or corrected job as soon as possible to rectify errors in mailing and allowable damages shall be limited to the value of the work performed. In no case is IDRS liable for loss of business, postage, incidental or consequential damages.
- IDRS shall not be liable for any loss of goods during transportation by common carriers or for any loss of goods by Canada Post or USPS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PROCESSING OF YOUR FIRST ORDER WILL NOT PROCEED UNTIL THIS FORM IS SIGNED AND RETURNED TO US. THESE SERVICES TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR ALL FUTURE JOBS PERFORMED